Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday June 11th

Well it's been a few days...ok almost 5 days. In my defense it's hard to get on my computer since I need an outlet to use it since my battery is dead and the only place we get wireless in under a tent. That being said, I have NO idea how I am going to get my online class completed, and I really can't afford not to pass the class. Backing up to the days I have missed, tuesday and wednesday were sort of a blur and I don't honestly remember all that happened, probably barn chores, and working more horses. Thursday evening we went into Middletown to celebrate Kim's bday at Cheeseburger Paradise. A sort of Jimmy Buffet bar/restaurant. They had a live band and we were a very loud and energetic group. The night was a lot of fun, and it was nice to get out and forget about everything for awhile. Friday was out day off and we went into Middletown again and I watched all of the girls from abroad shop and get so excited by our malls. It was a long day, but it was fun to see them get excited over the things that we take for granted each day. Friday evening we went into Ellenville for Kim's actual bday and ate at her friends organic restaurant. Amazingly I found something that actually sounded good and I really enjoyed it, although I was extremely exhausted  by that point. Today was cold and rainy, and sort of depressing. The Best part of the day was riding Charlie. He was like a totally different horse today. I really enjoy working with him and would love to bring him home with me.  Freezing to death sitting under the tent to get wifi, and trying to figure out how to get my online classwork done since I have about 12 papers I need to write. Hoping that tomorrow is a better day. "I think we all wish we could erase some dark times in our lives. But all of life's experiences, bad and good, make you who you are. Erasing any of life's experiences would be a great mistake."

1 comment:

  1. I believe I went to a Cheeseburger Paradise. Good place.

    I agree with the quote, no matter how much I want to get through this time in my life right now I know it must be done. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete