Today was a much better day! This morning I got to ride a gorgeous jumper who has had the past two months off. He was definitely out of shape, but we had a lovely ride. After that I spent time lunging the two smallest ponies, Porkchop and Twist so that they could get some exercise since they are too small for us to ride all the time. After some more barn beautifying we had an amazing lunch. The first meal here I really enjoyed…. grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. Yes I know I’m crazy. This afternoon I got to ride Cat again, she is quickly becoming my favorite horse. Her paces are beautiful and she has lovely transitions. This evening after work we postponed dinner and went on a hike in the Catskills Mountains. It was sooo beautiful. When we got to the top it was like you were overlooking the entire countryside. It was so perfect. After the first viewing point we hiked through some ice caves, climbed an icy hill, and a ton of rocky paths to another gorgeous viewpoint. The entire trip was done at a very rapid speed walk since the park closed soon and we only had about an hour total. The man told us we would never make it, clearly he has never met such a determined group of cultural horsewomen J Today was a lot of fun and I think we all are starting to feel a lot better about the whole program, and we are all making fast friends, even if we do all use different words for the same things. Like hiking being called tramping. Tomorrow the riding director Kim and I are being sent to an “Emergency Responder” session, ALL DAY! Neither of us are thrilled so we plan to make the day as entertaining as possible by acting crazy. Off to shower and hang out for the night, we are all soo exhausted from the hike, can’t wait for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment